-->

Trend N Gist

T'N'G is the No. 1 informative and entertaining blog. News, Entertainment, Sports news & E news, Lifestyle, Gossips, Gist, Mp3/video download, Quotes and More...

Monday 21 March 2016

Leicester City fan given new lease of life by title charge


In March 2015, when Leicester City were rooted to the bottom of the Premier League table, Adelaide-based fan Tony Skeffington was diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Given just four weeks to live by doctors, the now 51-year-old has remarkably overcome the odds to still be alive today to see his beloved Foxes’ improbable title challenge.

Leicester, who were tipped by many as relegation favourites before the season kicked off, have turned the Premier League on its head this campaign and currently sit five points clear of Tottenham Hotspur in second with just seven games to play.

“When I was given four weeks to live last year they picked themselves up — and I picked myself up,” Tony said to the Leicester Mercury from his hospital bed. “Having something positive to concentrate on makes you feel good. I’m still confident I will see the season out.”

Unfortunately, Tony’s plans to visit England to see Leicester play one last time had to be abandoned as his illness worsened.

However, in a heartwarming gesture, the club sent a personalised signed pennant to Australia, complete with a photo of Andy King – Tony’s favourite player – holding it.

“I’m not in good shape at the moment, but it gave me a lift when the picture of Andy King holding my signed pennant arrived by e-mail,” Tony added. “I took a real liking to him when we were in League One.

“He works hard, is a real team player, has scored some great goals, has been loyal, is currently our longest serving player and number 10 is my favourite number.

“I’m really chuffed and I’m going to get it framed up.”

Claudio Ranieri’s men will continue their title bid after the international break, when they host Southampton on April 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment