-->

Trend N Gist

T'N'G is the No. 1 informative and entertaining blog. News, Entertainment, Sports news & E news, Lifestyle, Gossips, Gist, Mp3/video download, Quotes and More...

Friday 10 November 2017

‘I Lost Respect For Onyeka Onwenu The Day She Embarassed Me’ -Aramide

Popular Afro-soul artiste, Aramide has revealed the worst experience of her life and if you were expecting it to be shocking, you guessed right. In a recent interview with NET TV, the singer/songwriter explained how her encounter with one of Nigeria’s foremost singer Onyeka Onwenu turned out to be very disappointing.

According to her, she had opened a show for the legendary singer and had gone off-stage later to greet and take photographs with the icon whom she described as one of her childhood inspirations.  She said, ” I was still really new in the industry and I opened the stage for her, I got down and decided to take a picture with her. As soon as I got there, she went off on me. She said ‘Don’t touch me.’ It was like the worst experience I had in my life. Everyone was staring at me. I don’t think she knew I opened the show for her.
The ‘Iwo Nikan’ crooner also added,”… I lost my respect for her after that event. I don’t think I would see her and say hello. But it was a long time ago. It is what it is, I have moved on.”
Aramide who is quickly becoming one of the most sort after female singers in the country won the award for Best Vocal Performance at the 2015 Headies Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment