-->

Trend N Gist

T'N'G is the No. 1 informative and entertaining blog. News, Entertainment, Sports news & E news, Lifestyle, Gossips, Gist, Mp3/video download, Quotes and More...

Tuesday 26 January 2021

'I and Theodore Young have no relationship' - Dr.Dre's father

 


It's been a tough time for Dr. Dre following his bitter divorce from his estranged wife of 24 years Nicole Young and a health scare.

Now, his father Theodore Young has come out to claim that he has a strained relationship with the Hip Hop .

 

In an interview with Page Six, the 73-year-old claimed his son wants nothing to do with him.

 

“I haven’t seen Andre since his grandfather died and I can’t even remember when that was,” Theodore said. We have no relationship. My other sons love me. They tell me they love me. But coming from where I come from, most young men like Andre who have a big success don’t give a damn about their dad.”

 

Dre’s mother Verna, who got pregnant with Dre at just 16 years old, left Theodore shortly after Dre was born over abuse allegations, something his father denied.

 

The hip hop mogul was raised by his grandmother and continues to keep his distance from Theodore.

 

Young also admits that he and Dre's mother, Verna, split shortly after Dre was born and said he wasn't exactly a pillar of love and support during Dre's childhood.

 

His grandmother raised him," Young said, before alleging that Dre's mother and grandmother "sprinkled a whole lot of salt" on him.

 

Last month, Dre’s eldest daughter LaTanya Young claimed she hasn’t heard from her father in 17 years. LaTanya is one of three children Dre fathered with his former girlfriend Lisa Johnson along with 36-year-old Latoya and 35-year-old Ashley.

 

She accused his father's estranged wife Nicole of standing in the way of their relationship.

 

“She was very standoffish and mysterious,” she told The Daily Mail. “I got the impression she didn’t care to know any of us.” Still, LaTanya insisted she just wants to have Dre in her life.

 

“Money is not what I want, I feel better doing it on my own,” she said. “I really just want to have closure. I just want to be able to spend time with my father.”

 

Dre was recently hospitalized at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center after suffering a reported brain aneurysm but has since returned back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment